Future Cars: 2014 Hyundai Sonata Grows Up plus Matures
Those whom enjoy hyper-milling is relieved which the Hybrid usually additionally be returning – albeit there's nonetheless no word about a plug-in crossbreed way. Regardless of power-train choice, gains inside gas economy is over the board due to improvements with …
Read more about Carscoops (blog)
I am thinking regarding purchasing a 2013 hyundai sonata that gets about 32 mpg found on the highway however, I was thinking when they will have more affordable fuel effective vehicles inside the upcoming several years. What are your thoughts about getting a fresh automobile today or later?
Answer by ih8robots
I think it depends about what you’re currently driving. Is the auto you’re today driving a risk? I think today is the incorrect time to purchase a auto till fuel costs stabilze, that knows what can result. We absolutely dont wish To be stuck with a vehicle loan whenever fuel is $ 10 a gallon. Stick with what we have for today should you could. Otherwise, the Sonata is a perfect vehicle. I might furthermore look into the Mazda 6. The Dodge Caliber has superior milage due to its 4cyl plus CVT plus is like a mini-suv.
Answer by sarge927
It’s a crap-shoot. They state they’ll be coming out with more fuel-efficient vehicles inside 2014, yet (a) they absolutely have certain pretty darned effective vehicles out today, plus (b) anytime we introduce a modern auto with a hot shape there will be pests which have to be worked out. They’ve been creating the Sonata for a whilst today, thus odds are you’ll receive 1 without glitches. However in the event you were to purchase, state, a Chevy Volt whenever they come out inside 2014, odds are you’ll need to take it back many instances to have remember function completed about it. So my vote is to purchase a Sonata today when the cost of hot vehicles is down as a result of the economy.
Answer by Jon
Stuff that’s better than what you’re considering:
1) Prius or alternative crossbreed sedan, accessible today
2) VW Jetta or Rabbit TDI, coming out inside regarding a month. I think the Jetta is expected to receive someplace inside the 40s. I drive a 1999 Jetta TDI me, plus receive regarding 47mpg found on the highway even with my lead foot. It’s not difficult to obtain diesel. It’s not dirty like it was inside the 70s.
3) Chevy Volt coming out inside the upcoming several years
4) Toyota planning to create a plug-in Prius shortly, thus the initially 40 miles following a charge is all-electric
5) Tesla Whitestar plus Bluestar are all-electric, coming out inside the upcoming several years according to rumor
6) Think Ox (Think is a Norweigan automobile firm, Ox is a model name) scheduled to be obtainable in the US inside 2014. It’s another all-electric however, will rise to regarding 85mph plus anything like 150 miles about a charge, thus better than present electrical vehicles
7) Smart vehicles are obtainable in the US today, plus receive very superior mileage. I think over 32 however, not very certain.
Personally I’m keeping my 10-year-old Jetta running till the Thinks come out here inside the US. Fixing stuff whenever it breaks is cheaper than creating a auto payment…on the additional hand it’s annoying plus I’d like a automobile which “merely works”. So I’m thinking regarding test-driving among the modern TDIs this week plus then getting found on the waiting list.